For those of you that follow me on Instagram, you'll know what a traumatic time we've had with the house buying / moving process recently and why I've been absent for so long from this little space of mine. To cut a long story short, we managed to sell our little flat (the part of the process we thought we'd struggle with), but dropped out of our purchase due to numerous issues. I can't begin to explain the stress and disappointment of it all.
We've now had an offer on another house accepted and we've been living out of suitcases in various temporary accommodation since the 14th August. The new house is a much better choice, but it feels a bit scary to get my hopes up again given the roller-coaster ride we've been through so far. We have a tentative move date planned for half-term week (31st October - 4th November) - provided everything goes to plan!
I wish I could promise that I'm back in the world of blogging regularly, but unfortunately I can't, as right now it's still about surviving and crossing off the days. I know that when we get settled I can start to pick up some routines again, but for now, I'm working on a day-by-day basis.
It's when things don't go to plan and you're forced to reassess that you realise what's important. I've tried to keep up some small goals, but have mainly taken the pressure off myself.
With roughly 33 days to go until our move date (keeping everything crossed!) here's my survival guide to get me through:
- Try to get 20 minutes exercise every day (either a trim trail walk, swim or aimless wander) as it gets the endorphins going and increases vitamin D intake).
- Surviving on micro meals and sporadic sleep has wreaked havoc on my skin. So, given there are numerous tips to counteract this, I've decided to focus on 2 small improvements: drink more green tea (detoxing) and eat more avocados (a good source of natural fat).
- Keep up with the #theyearinbooks project. Despite not being able to post much, I've still kept up with this and so far am sticking to my plan of reading 1 book a month. This October, to keep my mind focused and positive I am going to read 'Instructions for Happiness & Success' by Susie Pearl (started earlier in the year, but not finished).
- Sadly, I've not been able to keep up with my flower work this year (something I hope to rectify when I eventually get a flower studio eek!). In the meantime, I've been focusing on my photography. I plan to have a theme for every Photo-shoot Wednesday and I've brought a fancy magazine on Photoshop & Lightroom to improve my editing skills.
- Relax as much as possible. We spent this weekend doing a DVD charity shop challenge and have purchased a good selection of DVDs to keep us going. I'm also dipping in and out of BBC iplayer whenever Steve goes to play Badminton. (Please pass on your suggestions for good things to watch right now).
So, that's a bit of an update on where I'm at right now. Thank you for sticking with me...