Gluten-Free Rhubarb Crumble
I don't know about you, but summer hasn't really met up to expectations in little Lancaster. I'm already looking forward to the change of seasons and the cosy nights of autumn. As such, I've been cooking lots of comfort food including this tasty gluten-free crumble. I'm sharing the recipe so you can eat and enjoy as you watch the rain from your sofa with a bowl of gluten-free loveliness!
Serves 2 (large portions) or 4 smaller portions (with dairy-free ice-cream)
4 oz gluten-free flour
2 oz dairy-free butter
2 oz demerara sugar
3 dessert spoonfuls of gluten-free oats
small handful of flaked almonds
1/2 teaspoon of mixed spice
5 small sticks of rhubarb
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Cut-up the rhubarb into small chunks and simmer in a pan until soft. Put aside.
- Meanwhile, combine all the dry ingredients and rub-in the butter until you have the consistency of breadcrumbs.
- Add the cooked rhubarb to an oven-proof dish and cover with crumble mix.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes (until the topping is golden-brown and the rhubarb mixture is bubbling).
- Enjoy either on its own or with dairy-free cream / ice-cream.